A "must read" article for the
novice and expert alike!
By Gary Weishaupt & Chris Jacobson
Explains the how's & why's of
performance for the different styles of
Another excellent Randy Clarkson
Placer Gold Recovery Methods.
California Department of
Conservation, Division of Geology and
A good read for those just getting
started in prospecting!
Tons and tons of great articles and
info..... Huge list.
By: Prof. C.W. Poling
| Suggested reading
We have started a page dedicated to helpful articles & studies related to the Mining & recovery of Placer deposits.
[Check back from time to time as the list will grow as we get more links.]
|Click on boxes below for: links & downloadable content.
|10 things that should be considered when purchasing any type of gold recovery equipment:
1. Processing rate [through-put].
2. Accuracy of gold recovery for given processing rate.
3. Recovery style: gravity, hydraulic, vortices, etc.
4. Durability [longevity] of unit.
5. Resistance to riffle scouring.
6. Classification size & method.
7. Type/size of material feed system [hopper, etc.] you are wanting.
8. How you'll feed the unit, (IE: shovel, bucket, hand, mini excavator, backhoe, large excavator.)
9. Type [shape] and size of gold [historically] in the area.
10. Your local laws and regulations regarding mineral mining.
The considerations listed above will aid you in making a more informed decision on purchasing the right
equipment the first time.